Busily blooming and branching Euph. lophogona

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Tofterigen

Busily blooming and branching Euph. lophogona

Post by Tofterigen »

Hi everybody

I'd like to present you my Little Euphorbia lophogona.
It's about two years old and i got it as a seedling from the botanical garden of Bonn (I asked before taking it). It grew inside a pot with an impressive Euph. balsamifera, but due to the artilleristic scills of Euphorbia it turned out to be a different species: E. lophogona!
At first I was disappointed, because it is much more common than E. balsamifera, but meanwhile this plant has developed really good.

This is an Overall look:
P1110697.JPG
P1110697.JPG (142.3 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
This is a view of the two-story-blooms
P1110700.JPG
P1110700.JPG (124.7 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Here you can see four of the meanwhile seven branches. Much more are about to come!
P1110704.JPG
P1110704.JPG (106.22 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
You can see that the plant is doing it's best to let me forget my original disappointment! Especially the branching is very agreable, because this Euphorbia will not end up as a Paintbrush, like some Dracaena marginata.

I wish all my plants would thrive like that!

Best wishes,

Tofterigen
Last edited by Tofterigen on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamos

Re: Busily blooming and branching Euph. lophogona

Post by Kamos »

Beautiful plant Tofterigen , and the cyathia are much more attractive than on any Euphorbia I have! :)
Neal
Tofterigen

Re: Kamos, Hanford-Ca

Post by Tofterigen »

Thank You!

This is a species from Madagascar, like E.leuconeura or E. viguieri which I own as well. Especially E. viguierii makes beautiful cyathial leaves, glaring red!

Best whishes,

Tofterigen