Disappointment with one cacti group on Facebook

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Vanzily

Disappointment with one cacti group on Facebook

Post by Vanzily »

Well, this happen months ago. But I guess the administrator are doing the same behavior. Is not ok. The group "Echinocereus" related to this genre.

I guess you know that this genre coming from Mexico and South United States. Of course, we gonna see some users from México who grow and like this genre, also from Spain and Sudamerica. I post some photos, and some mexican friends write me in spanish, of course. I write in spanish too. One day see that I was removed from this group. I only was in that group like 5 days and only two comments. Thinked that I leave the group accidentally, I send a invitation again.

And this is the thing.

The administrator sent me one message that I was removed from this group for speak in spanish. I said that I never get a warning, and him respond me that removes my photos and the comments in spanish, him can add me again if I respect the rules. I should know the warning :? . But, Why can I write with some mexican friend who don´t know english IN ENGLISH?. I´m still learning english. And I told him that my english is not very good, he write if I don´t know english that I can use the google translate for that :x . I told him that if the echinocereus group is one genre who live in Mexico can be good be more gentler about this. But him said me that this not gonna shage the rules in the group [-( . So I said that no thanks, never add the to that group and continue, but no with me.

Well, I´m not the only one who have this issue. A lot mexican and sudamerican users for that reason leave the group and be only a few in the group right now.

Is foolish one thing like that that in one group. And is the only group that I know, who talk about some mexican species :roll: , and have a rule like that. Of course his german natural language is allowed in that group and maybe some speak italian without problem. For that reason I find the administrator racist and also because don´t have any mexican and sudamerican friend on his list

What do you think about this?
Last edited by Vanzily on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
teo

Re: Disappointment with one cacti group

Post by teo »

I suppose you are talking about one of the FaceBook groups (open or closed) that has Echinocereus in the name (I can find at least 5)?
Vanzily

Re: Disappointment with one cacti group in Facebook

Post by Vanzily »

Is this one
Attachments
image.png
image.png (248.54 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
BarryRice

Re: Disappointment with one cacti group in Facebook

Post by BarryRice »

Being a good "moderator" of a discussion group requires skills such as diplomacy and tact. Just because people are in such positions, does not mean they have the correct skill set.
I'll grow it as long as it doesn't have glochids. Gaudy flowers a plus.