Aeonium arboreum question

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
ElieEstephane

Aeonium arboreum question

Post by ElieEstephane »

Hello everyone,
I've propagated aeonium arboreum many times successfully by stem cutting with no problems. I do know they dont propagate by leaves. However, i found this pic to be interesting. The post said that they can be propagated by a naked stem cutting (bottom left). What do you guys think? Is it possible?
Btw, is it just me or the atropurpureum variety is much prettier than the zwartcop?
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
esp_imaging

Re: Aeonium arboreum question

Post by esp_imaging »

Yeah, I've done just stem cuttings with Aeonium (possible A. arboreum). A got a really leggy head on a stalk as a cutting, cut the head off and rooted both head and the stump bit successfully.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

esp_imaging wrote:Yeah, I've done just stem cuttings with Aeonium (possible A. arboreum). A got a really leggy head on a stalk as a cutting, cut the head off and rooted both head and the stump bit successfully.
Thats very intersting thank you! Im gonna try that! Would you say a tall stump can be cut in 2 and rooted?
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
esp_imaging

Post by esp_imaging »

Yes, for sure. How many cuttings do you want!?
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti