This might make you very uncomfortable

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
fanaticactus

Re: This might make you very uncomfortable

Post by fanaticactus »

hoteidoc wrote:Dave - If you haven't tossed it yet, I'd be inclined to try to rescue the baldianum, just because it's "relatively" CH, at least in your GH. Infestation moderate @ worst. I'd be spraying it with 70% IPA q 10 days for @ 3X. Enjoy today, tomorrow's supposed to be a "dooser"!
I'm very willing to try that, Peter. Is straight 70% IPA better than insecticidal soap? Can they be used WITH each other? Does your notation mean "every 10 days" or "at 10-day intervals?
Catch a falling star--but don't try it with a cactus!
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

I thought about the dilute soap after I sent message, Dave. I've never added, but it frequently is suggested. They can be added together -- soap just helps with better saturation. And you only need a few drops of soap. As far as q 10 days -- both your interpretations meant the same -- every 10 days & I usually will do 3 times. Use a spritzer & wet it right down.
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

Burn them. :shock: But in all seriousness you could most of them up fairly easily with a bit of rubbing alcohol and them hit it with a systemic. :P
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
fanaticactus

Post by fanaticactus »

hoteidoc wrote:I thought about the dilute soap after I sent message, Dave. I've never added, but it frequently is suggested. They can be added together -- soap just helps with better saturation. And you only need a few drops of soap. As far as q 10 days -- both your interpretations meant the same -- every 10 days & I usually will do 3 times. Use a spritzer & wet it right down.
Oh, "duh" to me! Of course they mean the same. I meant to say "every day for 10 days". Someone was talking to me and I wasn't thinking. Obviously, from your answer I see it means every 10 days.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

:wink:
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
fanaticactus

Post by fanaticactus »

](*,) #-o