Aloe Dichotoma - Not happy in its new home- HELP

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
leeabroad

Aloe Dichotoma - Not happy in its new home- HELP

Post by leeabroad »

Hello, I am new to this site and really need the help of anyone whom can assist with a large specimen of ALOE DICHOTOMA - Its a beautiful TWIN rossette head aloe around 4-6 years old that I bought from a garden centre greenhouse. Its now in the ground at my gorgeous beach house but at the back of the house. When it was planted late autumn here in NEW ZEALAND both rossette heads were all green and plump, and after the winter ( only 5 days of frost though) it is looking very sad with all the lower leaves turning a shade of orange/pink with brown spots. Top of plant is still green !!! Is is just stressed from the move OR sunburn ??? Im only watering occassionally as its now spring and getting hotter every day and there has been a bit of rain. I have planted 43 large specimens in my beach house ( yes I have a succulent addiction) but this poor aloe looks the worst & i dont want to lose it!! I dont know whether to dig it up or just pray it'll resolve itself. Everything I read says dont water them much - anyone got ANY advice PLEASE?? Before & after photo attached - As you can see the smaller rossette has closed up a little and is not plump anymore/ pink all over ! Lee in NZ Hoping to resue my TWINS :D
Attachments
Autumn
Autumn
P1080690.JPG (111.13 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Spring
Spring
IMG_1378.JPG (83.05 KiB) Viewed 679 times