Going Caddyshack on gophers

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
cactushobbyman

Going Caddyshack on gophers

Post by cactushobbyman »

Before your heart goes out to these fury little guys, see what can take place when not controlled. Their tunnels have been in the lawn area, next to the cactus garden. It wasn't until after the rains last week did I see new tunnels in the cactus garden. They must have been feeding on the roots of this Fero and when I went to go gopher hunting, I was able to move the Fero way to easy. I have been keeping, or should I say, I thought I had some control of their activity mainly in the lawn area. This Fero is easily 16 inches in diameter and just as high. I should have never been able to move it especially after the rain we just had. Note, almost no roots. This guy should have a huge root ball.
1.jpg
1.jpg (383.43 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Then I went digging. I was trying to fine the main tunnel to put bait in it. This part of the garden doesn't have the native clay soil. The amended soil kept filling back in so I felt like Bill Murray. If you look in the upper part of the pic, you can see even more activity. And another 10 more feet a fresh new tunnel. That's where I put the gas bombs.
b.jpg
b.jpg (213.43 KiB) Viewed 426 times
c.jpg
c.jpg (216.14 KiB) Viewed 426 times
I never found a good open tunnel so I went back to the lawn and baited those tunnels. I did find one new started tunnel out of the pic and use gas bombs to tell my little friends I'm looking.
d.jpg
d.jpg (217.1 KiB) Viewed 426 times
I relocated the Fero and I'm sure it will take about two seasons to recover from the attack. Today to the store for more bombs and bait. Spring time it was ground squirrels and it seems Fall will be gophers.
e.jpg
e.jpg (199.17 KiB) Viewed 426 times
8)
KittieKAT

Re: Going Caddyshack on gophers

Post by KittieKAT »

I'm alright nobody worry bout' ME! ...BOOM..BOOM..BOOM! :)