pereskiopsis losing leafs

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
snarfie

pereskiopsis losing leafs

Post by snarfie »

Some of my pereskiopsis are losing their leafs(randomly, not only old leafs), one even started growing, then lost all its leafs and stopped growing. Temperature: constantly 16-18°C lighting: various amounts of light, doesn't seem to influence the leaf loss. I got them about a month ago and are all rooted well now, and it looks like it is only happening on the ones that i cut(they were the tallest when i got them) but i can't really find what the ones losing leafs have in common. No pests noticed, maybe the water they got was too cold, because some pots are worse then others. They are all in the same soil, and were in one pot with water to keep them from shriveling for one and a half week.
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing
cefalophone

Re: pereskiopsis losing leafs

Post by cefalophone »

My peres will often shed their leaves for no reason. It does not seem to effect growth for me. I barely care for them and just leave them to their own devices. Mine are grown outdoors, receive full sun, and minimal watering and still grow like weeds.
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

Thank you for your reaction, i'm sorry it took me so long to answer. Changed my email, and it took three days for the moderators to reactivate my account :(
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing
cefalophone

Post by cefalophone »

No worries. If you loose yours for some reason due to my advice I'll gladly send you some rooted peres. I'm always trying to get rid of them since I no longer use them for grafting. But I doubt you will loose them. I have tried to kill mine countless times, just to see if it was possible, and apparently they are immortal haha.
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

Haha thank you, but i don't think i need more of them, because i have about ten growing pereskiopsis, so it will be more than enough when grafting season starts :)
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

I think they aren't immortal, because i gave one of my nicest rooted cuttings to a friend, and he got it to die within two weeks(lol i haven't even lost a cutting that had only two cm of stem and six leafs)
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

He probably made the mistake of taking care of it.
Spence :mrgreen:
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

:lol: :mrgreen: that will be the problem :laughing9: