Is there something wrong with my cactus leaves?

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
jakeypopsicle

Is there something wrong with my cactus leaves?

Post by jakeypopsicle »

As the title asks. I'm worried that I've done something wrong unknowingly and will continue to do so and cause permanent damage to my cactus.

I've attached an image below. The leaves that look bad are a more yellowish colour with red tips and are quite squishy compare to the rigid green ones.

Thanks in advance.

iann

Re: Is there something wrong with my cactus leaves?

Post by iann »

Don't worry about the leaves. It could lose them all and be perfectly healthy. Note sure what is making them yellow. Is the plant new? Might be too much sun in comparison to what it was getting before. Or overwatered. Or underwatered :)
--ian
jakeypopsicle

Post by jakeypopsicle »

So nothing too much to worry about then. I bought it from IKEA about 6 months ago and it was perfectly happy at my Uni accommodation and looked really healthy. Since coming home for the summer, it hasn't been looking too good
iann

Post by iann »

Sounds like a change of conditions didn't suit it. Hotter? Colder? Getting "pampered" over the summer? Might just be the summer sun turning them colours.
--ian
hegar

Post by hegar »

I second what Ian said. I do have this cactus in the ground outdoors and it does lose its leaves regularly, only to regrow them at a later date.
This is actually one of the few cacti that produces leaves instead of modified leaves called spines.
As long as the stem remains green your plant is OK.

Harald