General confusion

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
Aiethe

General confusion

Post by Aiethe »

Hey there, I'm fairly new to the world of cacti and I would love to learn more about them. I have recently picked up my first couple of Moon Cacti, (I'm sorry, bad idea, I know :roll: ) and they both seem to have their own little problems if you'd like, and I just need conformation that these are something I shouldn't be worried about or something that is a problem and if there is one, the solution.

Alright, so, the stock on the left with the purple, red, scion. It appears that the stock is becoming transparent as I can see light through it. There is a dark strip down the middle, where all of the sections meet, and I assume that is some sort of vein per say. I just need to know if that transparency is something to worry about. (I watered the pot yesterday.)

On specimen two, orange scion with way too many pups :-k , close to the base of the stock, there is a white patch, that if I try hard enough I can scratch away. I don't really want to cut into the cactus with my nails, so I try not to scratch at it. I don't think it is something to be concerned about because it hasn't gotten bigger, to my knowledge, and the area around it isn't squishy, brown or yellow.

And then the last thing, not really a problem, but I just needed to know about how to care for the flower buds of the scion so it may possibly bloom. I have two other buds on the same scion both of varying sizes, and they seemed to be going pretty well in the shop I bought em from, I just don't want to kill the instantly. #-o

Thanks!
Who shot that arrow in your throat
Who missed the Crimson apple
hegar

Re: General confusion

Post by hegar »

To me everything looks fine. Enjoy the flowers of the Gymnocalycium cactus! :)

Harald
HP22B

Re: General confusion

Post by HP22B »

The white scaly spot on your stock looks like scarring, picking at it or making cuts with your nails will just make it worse.