Leuchtenbergia principis

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Leuchtenbergia principis

Post by WayneByerly »

The tips of some of the L. principis look a little ... well ... not quite right. Does this look like "not enough water" to anybody else? Or maybe just something else? Look at the tips where the red arrows are.
2015-12-31 001.jpg
2015-12-31 001.jpg (69.38 KiB) Viewed 788 times
tumamoc

Re: Leuchtenbergia principis

Post by tumamoc »

To me that looks like normal changes to old growth.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

I only ask (and post) this topic because i have seen other photos of L. principis that have many more "arms" and look SO much greener ... without the brown "ends".
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
SoilSifter

Post by SoilSifter »

The broken spines and brown tips look like damage from shipping. Unfortunately L. principis doesn't ship well. The spines are brittle and the tubercles bruise. Keep it happy and eventually it will grow new tubercles and spines and they will look better.