Can anyone please help me?

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
cactinewbieph

Can anyone please help me?

Post by cactinewbieph »

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my succulent? Some of it's leaves are turning yellow. Can anybody tell me what to do. Thank you.
Attachments
13161159_1288366574511568_694051138_o.jpg
13161159_1288366574511568_694051138_o.jpg (30.98 KiB) Viewed 594 times
adetheproducer

Re: Can anyone please help me?

Post by adetheproducer »

I am not massively familiar with non cacti succulents but it looks lime it's had too much water possibly and started to loose it's roots. I would remove the bad leave the pot in a very gritty and dry soil mix and wait for new roots to grow before watering again.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
cactinewbieph

Post by cactinewbieph »

I only water once a week. :(
So I will remove the yellow ones and place them in a dry soil mix? How about the green leaves?
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Remove the bad leaves and discard them. Keep the rest of the plant and pot in the dry soil mix. Then just wait for roots to form. I have just done the same thing with gasteria Armstrongii and roots took about 3 weeks or so to start growing.

With the water it's not the time between watering it's the requirement to water, usually once the soil is dry throughout but some species of succulents also need dry period such as through winter and the hottest part of summer. There are as many different watering requiremens as there are species so do your research and find out what this particular plant needs.

I would also suggest posting this topic in the succulents section more experienced people will view that than me. Like I said I am not really a non-cacti succulent grower.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND