My cactii is yellow and wrinkled, help!

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
sam90

My cactii is yellow and wrinkled, help!

Post by sam90 »

Hi,

I've had this cacti (not sure what species) for about 6-7 years now and it usually does alright what ever the weather sat on my windowsill outside my flat in London. Recently however I have noticed it is turning yellow on one of the sides, and not sure what it is. On the opposite side it has gone wrinkly too, its not soft but hard, its not rot or anything is it? Also, is the brown/grey area around the base normal?

Since noticing it I have brought it back inside but still has a decent amount of light.
Attachments
IMG_5297.JPG
IMG_5297.JPG (59.19 KiB) Viewed 628 times
IMG_5298.JPG
IMG_5298.JPG (70.34 KiB) Viewed 628 times
IMG_5300.JPG
IMG_5300.JPG (59.8 KiB) Viewed 628 times
IMG_5302.JPG
IMG_5302.JPG (77.17 KiB) Viewed 628 times
iann

Re: My cactii is yellow and wrinkled, help!

Post by iann »

Looks like it got scorched. Or maybe got sprayed with something it didn't like. The yellow parts can potentially recover. The grey parts are scarred for life. The grey base is the one thing I'd worry about, that's corking and normal enough.
--ian
sam90

Re: My cactii is yellow and wrinkled, help!

Post by sam90 »

Thanks Ian, since posting the fella has been sat on my desk out of direct sunlight and the yellowing has substantial reduced. I have also stopped watering so much, I think the rain was over-watering him. What would have been the cause of the grey scarring? Would like to avoid/prevent any future scarring.