Tipped over... I think it is too humid :(

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
kaitlyn25

Tipped over... I think it is too humid :(

Post by kaitlyn25 »

Wisconsin is not being nice to my cacti. Nice to my roommates plants not mine lol but anyway back on point.

What can I do for this guy?

Can I gave him with a cutting. It is more humid here so I might have a better chance once it calluses for it to root. it is 2 cm in diameter. ](*,) I just hope I can save him!
iann

Re: Tipped over... I think it is too humid :(

Post by iann »

Chop, chop, chop, until you find flesh that looks green and healthy. Then clean everything and chop a little more. Then wait, might be spring before you get roots.
--ian
hegar

Post by hegar »

Also, I might change the growing medium. Do not use regular soil. It is too rich for cacti and does not drain well.
Click on the tab called "Growing Cacti" at the top of this page and try to get a "cactus mix" done as described there.
Here in El Paso - whenever my club goes out into the wilderness around Orogrande, NM - most of us take a bucket or two of the coarse wash out of the usually dry creek beds (arroyos). The plants do really well in that basically inorganic substance.

Harald
kaitlyn25

Post by kaitlyn25 »

I took gravel siftings today and mixed it with the medium and perlite. On Sunday when I go home next I am getting sand.