Cactus & Succulent Farina & Mild Sunburn

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
StarDragon

Cactus & Succulent Farina & Mild Sunburn

Post by StarDragon »

I noticed that my pilosocereus azureus has one side where the blue farina is more pale, where it experienced mild sunburn or reaction to light increase, but is otherwise not damaged. There is a tiny spot where the farina is disturbed that exposed the healthy green skin, so the plant itself is not mildly sunburned. Will the farina recover from this, or is it permanent?

I haven't been able to find anything on whether or not the farina will recover from mild sunburn, assuming the farina reacts to other types of damage differently, to something that is not physically smearing it off, which I know is permanent.

I have a few cacti with mild color changes & wrinkling from a dramatic increase in sunlight, but not enough to cause sunburn, most of which is reversible, or not harming the plant. For example, my ferocactus latispinus experiences yellowing & wrinkling in a dramatic increase in light, but when moved to a partially shaded area or moved temporarily, its condition reverts back to normal. The same happens to my echinopsis x lobivia rainbow burst. Also, other plants such as my Echeveria Peacockii & Oscularia Deltoides displays the harmless color changes associated with a dramatic increase in sunlight, but not enough to cause sunburn. This is mentioned on a related note to show I'm aware that different plants have different reactions.