Mildly Sunburned Echeveria & Kalanchoe

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
StarDragon

Mildly Sunburned Echeveria & Kalanchoe

Post by StarDragon »

I thought a couple of my echeverias & kalanchoes were acclimated already, but they ended up getting a little sunburned. There is mild discoloration on a couple spots on one, that I know are likely permanent until it puts on new growth. The other has slight wrinkling on the leaves, & the kalanchoes may be slightly discolored & the leaves slightly squishy, but not drooping or wrinkled. Does the wrinkling & slight squishiness indicate permanent damage?
StarDragon

Re: Mildly Sunburned Echeveria & Kalanchoe

Post by StarDragon »

The less affected kalanchoe leaves & the echeveria with slight wrinkling appear to be improving. I went ahead & did the necessary surgery on the scorched echeveria & the more affected kalanchoe leaves. However, I would still like to know if there are any stages of sunburn on echeveria & kalanchoes to keep tabs on, aside from the obvious?(Obvious as in, for example, heavy discoloration & wrinkling=permanent scarring/leaf drop/death) I'd also still like to know if the leaves on both less affected plants that appear to be improving will continue to improve or sustain permanent damage, based on the description & them now seeming to be improving in color & texture.