Those darn birds

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
absolute0

Re: Those darn birds

Post by absolute0 »

I agree! And also for younger specimen since some cacti look kinda different when they are younger.

Btw, the thumbnails don't show in the drive though. I'd have to download each image to view them. DUnno if it has something to do with my internet connection.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

WayneByerly wrote:Nice rack of cactus. Since you were so kind as to provide pictures of your Cactus display, I will reciprocate and provide pictures of individual cactus from both my Greenhouse and the cactus I keep indoors. These pictures have been reduced to 1024 by 768 in order to keep download times for individual pictures to a reasonable rate. There are something like 92 pictures between the two Inside and Greenhouse links.

This is my primitive self-built greenhouse. I don't know why this system insist on turning the picture sideways. The picture as it exists on my tablet is rotated 90 degrees to the right from what you can see below:
@greenhouse.jpg

This is a link to my Google Drive containing individual pictures of greenhouse cacti:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... 3wHrvgoiPf

This is a link to my Google Drive containing individual pictures of cacti kept indoors:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... wv41znIf3s
Your mammillaria rhodanta is without a doubt a parodia. Probably erubescens. And your mammillaria formosa looks like M. Spimossissima (or not) but definitely not formosa. Not too sure about your M. dixanthocentron too.
Other than that, very beautiful collection! Keep us updated!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

elieestephane wrote:Your mammillaria rhodanta is without a doubt a parodia. Probably erubescens. And your mammillaria formosa looks like M. Spimossissima (or not) but definitely not formosa. Not too sure about your M. dixanthocentron too.
Other than that, very beautiful collection! Keep us updated!
Some of those ID's I got from here ... on this forum. I'm glad however that you have chosen to alert me as to the fact that I have some of them misidentified. I'll do some work clearing that up and then I'll make the corrections to the file names on Google Drive. And will alert you to what I have done regarding those possible misidentifications. Thanks for the heads up!
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

absolute0 wrote:... some cacti look kinda different when they are younger..
Some cacti look considerably different when they're younger.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a