P7 LED light or T5 Lamps for seeds garden?

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
SteffenAbendroth

P7 LED light or T5 Lamps for seeds garden?

Post by SteffenAbendroth »

Hi,

I want to lighting my seeds garden (950 square feet). Which one would be the best choice T5 Lamp or P7 LED lights? Someone suggest me the P7 LED ( https://www.icrfq.com/part/2829636-W724C0_C.html )would be a great lightning. Does anyone here have experience using LEDs?

NB: I can't explain in details, because of my poor english! (Sorry for my poor english) :)
Thanks.
ElieEstephane

Re: P7 LED light or T5 Lamps for seeds garden?

Post by ElieEstephane »

That's a lot of space! I don't have much experience with LED but for cfl i use around 120 watts/7500 lumens per square foot.
You can look into HID or HPS lamps. You will need air conditionning and reflectors and so much more. You are looking at a lot of money and be sure the police will come knock at your door thinking you are growing weed.
Are you sure it's 950 feet?
What's yiur native language?
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
SteffenAbendroth

Post by SteffenAbendroth »

Thanks for your responding! Yeh it's 950 squire foot. So I have to look for HID or HPS lamps? I think its expensive than LEDs.
My native language is Deutsch.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

That's a lot of space for growing seedlings Steffen. What were you intending to grow?
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

SteffenAbendroth wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 pm ... Which one would be the best choice T5 Lamp or P7 LED lights?
Hi Steffen

I remembered that I had seen a video on YouTube that talked about the difference between using LED lights and CFL fluorescent lights to grow plants. I didn't remember exactly which video it was, so I went to YouTube and I did a search for "grow lights LED versus CFL" . And I got quite a number of videos as a response to that search. I would be willing to bet that there was more information than you are even willing to look at on YouTube on this subject.

Anyway, I found the one that I had seen, which is this one here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBsZdmRTM0

The man that posted this video made comparisons between several different kinds of Lights... and growing it outdoors... I think... I did not watch it all again.

And I think you need to keep in mind the cost of the equipment, how much power it uses, and how much the electricity will cost to run it.

SteffenAbendroth wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 pm I can't explain in details, because of my poor english! (Sorry for my poor english) :)
Not to worry Steffen. You at least speak part of of another language... more than just your native language. Which is better than I am doing, as I only speak one language. But if you are worried about the quality of your English, try using Google Translate in your own native language and have it translated into English, copy the translated text, and then post it in one of your replies. Google translate doesn't always do a perfect job, but it is better than nothing. And I'm very glad that it's there for us to use.
Last edited by WayneByerly on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

SteffenAbendroth wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:07 am My native language is Deutsch.
German! Ich habe deutsche Sprache in der Schule studiert. Aber das war vor fünfzig Jahren und ich erinnere mich nicht viel.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a