Greeting from Finland

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Pompom

Greeting from Finland

Post by Pompom »

Hello everyone! I've been visiting this forum about 6 months now, since I got my first succulent. I now have 2 succulents and 4 cacti.
What a nice forum is this! I've managed to keep my succulents alive with information I got from here. It's nice to have someone to talk about cacti and succulents, because I don't have anyone who is as interested as I am. I partly had to register, because there is little to none proper information in internet about growing succulents in this frozen country.

Anyhow, it's nice to meet you all, I hope i don't bother you too much :D

I have already one question: Where should I write a little story about my poor little echeveria? It's not sick, I hope, but I'd really like to share her story with you!

Sorry for bad english, not my native language :lol:
ElieEstephane

Re: Greeting from Finland

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome to the forum! If you haven't identified your plants yet post pictures on the cactus/succulent identification boards respectively.
As for your eceheveria, you can start a member topic and post anything you would like about your plants!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Pompom

Post by Pompom »

Hello elieestephanie! Thanks to this forum, I have identified almost all of my plants.
I have thanksgiving cactus cuttings from my mothers over 20-years old plant. They are doing fine, I need to wait them grow bigger. The second cactus is mammillaria karwinskiana beiselii maybe, can't tell for sure since it hasn't flowered for me yet. Third cactus is opuntia monacantha variegata, possibly monstrous form (I don't know how to tell if it is or isn't). For the last one I'm not so sure, so I'll post the picture for everyone to identify.
The succulents I have are echeveria pulidonis. The other one I haven't identified, because I don't have it. My friend bought it for me as a gift from Spain and hasn't bring it for me yet. I'll post a picture of it when I get it!

I'll go now and write the story :D
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

By all means, post away... usually your plant will be id'd within 24 hours.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I too welcome you to this forum. You will find, that there are many knowledgeable people from all over the world present here.
Greetings from warm and usually super dry Chihuahan Desert city of El Paso, Texas.

Harald