Hello from Texas Y’all!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Teaspoons

Hello from Texas Y’all!

Post by Teaspoons »

I’m an enthusiastic new collector of cacti, and succulents from Houston, Texas (zone 9a). A year ago I got a few little plants, and now my collection has swollen to 63 individual specimens, and growing! Yeah...I may have a list of all of them somewhere, haha!

Hopefully here I can fill in a few missing ID’s, and continue to learn about care, taxonomy, collection, and propagation.

Here are some of my little guys, but I’ll have better photos soon, this is just what’s on my phone:
https://m.imgur.com/a/8RG2T
ElieEstephane

Re: Hello from Texas Y’all!

Post by ElieEstephane »

Hello and welcome to the forum!
We would gladly help you id your plants and give any necessary help. Just feel free to post.
Please update your locaction on your profile so that better advice can be given.
Last edited by ElieEstephane on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Teaspoons

Post by Teaspoons »

@elieestephane I’m so excited to join! Ah, good idea- I’ll update my profile soon. Thank you for the kind welcome!
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

Also a warm welcome from another Texan. It looks like the "cactus bug" really got hold of you. :)
I wish you the best of luck growing these spiny plants. Being on this forum will most likely help you succeed with that endeavor.

Harald