duped again :( or lithop seeds..i don't think so..

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
KittieKAT

duped again :( or lithop seeds..i don't think so..

Post by KittieKAT »

So I'm sure everyone saw (or many of u on here) the seeds thatI've called "mysterious so called lithop seeds" that looked like dried pepper flakes... well i decided that one bad experience shouldn't stop me from finding respectable people to order seeds from at a price i can afford (everyone knows shipping costs suck) So shortly after i got the mysterious so called lithop seeds that lookes like pepper flakes i ordered fro. A site in the EU and a person who sells seeds wholesale priced in Hong Kong both had plenty of ppeople telling good reviews on different sites like this one and online so i bought them, i believe i spent 12$ on the EU seeds and $6 and shipping for both (forget what it was) - its been about....hmmm, 3 months the seeds were suppose to get here in 10-15 days. The EU seller hasn't sent me anything won't even reply to my emails or bad reviews..etc..etc.. the Hong Kong buyer just sent me this package i received today in the mail (thought they would NEVER come ans that i got screwed by both as well as the first seeds i bought before...) so i opened the package and this is what i saw.... :shock:
People must think I'm a total moron.... and remind everyone that i had shoveled out the little money i have to buy these for the kids of my program (even Thoe we aren't suppose to buy stuff, its donation only from people outside the program) thank goodness some kind hearted few had seen my post and donated some seeds/plants to the kids in my program to grow/sow....before i received this package that i had bought before hand assuming i wasn't gonna get them.

I wrote the Hong Kong person back, let's see if they reply...doubt it, but whatever... like i said Been about 3 months after i ordered them when they were suppose to come in 10-15day's

These Deff don't look like any mesemb seeds I've ever seen before, Deff not lithop seeds to my knowledge i could be wrong so I'm asking for help as to what these could be and if they are indeed a type of lithops/mesemb at all..or do i have to sow some to see what the heck they are like the mysterious so called "lithop" seeds i had received before hand.... ](*,)
Attachments
What i got..
What i got..
CAM01989-1.jpg (37.27 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
Penny for scale..
Penny for scale..
CAM01990-1.jpg (38.39 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
Penny for scale. ..
Penny for scale. ..
CAM01991-1.jpg (46.79 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
Aiko

Re: duped again :( or lithop seeds..i don't think so..

Post by Aiko »

Definately not Lithops.

I have no idea what sources you have. Are you buying on Ebay or something?
Just order at respected seed sellers like Mesa Garden. I think almost everyone out here could vouche for Mesa Garden. It runs mostly on reputation, and (indeed) delivers very viable seeds. here's the link to the mesembs seed list: http://mesagarden.com/m2014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You will see it is extensive, and you can buy Lithops seeds by the 500s.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Or check the 'Updated seed lists' thread, for other seed distributors. The ones I mention in that thread are ones I have good experience with. Some send seeds in boxes (like Mesa Garden) so the postage costs will be relatively high. But many seed sellers send the seeds in padded envelopes. Keep an eye on the thread for an update soon for the seed lists of Ludwig Bercht (Netherlands) and ADBLPS (France) later this month. They always send their seeds in envelopes, costing you under 2 euro for sending worldwide, and both have Lithops on offer, are cheap and offer excellent (sending) service.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

If you find a dealer abroad that takes PayPal, be it on EBAY or elsewhere you are covered and they will take matters up for you in case of a dispute. Most EU dealers now do take PayPal.

They should look similar to this:-

http://www.lithops.info/en/botany/seeds.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joeysplanting/414454217/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://lttreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... e-sow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes i opened a dispute, for the Hong Kong one on eBay
And the EU one was on website that sells plants and seeds i gatta look up the name
But this was before i had Gotten seeds from people for the program
Mesa gardens doesn't take credit card orders thru the internet you have to fax your information, i don't drive and i don't live any where near a fax machine and i don't have a printer to print the forum out to send it cause the internet is on my phone only.
It literally took me about 5months to be able to order from miles2go, anyways..
I think it's just me cause i had a few people i knew who ordered from the same people and people on garden sites i talk to and they got real seeds from them..they must think I'm an idiot
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Maybe they got someone new packaging up seeds could be a genuine mistake. You never know.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

The guy responding to me said that was the package he sent me and doesn't see anything wrong....
He thinks im dumb I've told him like 5 Times these aren't any kinda mesemb period, why would you send them to ME?
Why would you advertise something you are NOT selling.. he just keeps saying "yes that's the package i sent you.."
Omg ridiculous :(
I'm just glad some kind people donated seeds/plants before i even got this package that i ordered months ago....soo thanks so much you guys who donated for the kids. :)
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Here's a funny thing, the person selling the seeds said that they are "Chinese" lithop seeds different then regular lithop seeds...i honestly think s/he thinks I'm a moron for sure now... I've personally NEVER heard of "Chinese" lithop seeds and I've never seen any mesemb seeds bigger then a grain of sand, in my experience that is...
Is this guy full of crap or are their really things as "Chinese" lithop seeds that are bigger or look different then the lithop seeds we are familiar with?
Cause i don't think that's even possible....
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

KittieKAT wrote:Here's a funny thing, the person selling the seeds said that they are "Chinese" lithop seeds different then regular lithop seeds...i honestly think s/he thinks I'm a moron for sure now... I've personally NEVER heard of "Chinese" lithop seeds and I've never seen any mesemb seeds bigger then a grain of sand, in my experience that is...
Is this guy full of crap or are their really things as "Chinese" lithop seeds that are bigger or look different then the lithop seeds we are familiar with?
Cause i don't think that's even possible....
Just ask this person for the scientific name. I have never heard of 'Chinese Lithops'. If you have a scientific name, you know for sure what it is.
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

You don't have to fax your info to Mesa. You can print out a form and mail it in with your order or you can do it online. Look at the links on the homepage and you'll see it. It is a little screwy in that there is no direct link between your order and the credit card form, but they get it right assuming your name is the same on both.

Mesa is one of the best places to get seeds if you can deal with them being slow and not knowing if you'll really get all you ordered until it arrives. You won't get screwed over like you've been doing though. In other words, if they are out of it they won't send it to you and won't charge you, rather than taking your money and cheating you. If you want your plants fairly fast you might try ordering now as it is near the end of their season. In January they do their once a year update to the seed list and everybody and their brother starts ordering. It can take 1-3 months to get your order at that time.

You need to be especially cautious about sellers located in Asia. I say this as someone that loves Asia and has traveled there many times. Heck, I'm even starting to import plants for sale from there! But they have more than their share of shady dealers and if you don't know who you are dealing with then expect a high chance of being cheated. The difference with me is I've gone over there, met various growers in person, and have a good idea if they are legitimate or not. Over ebay that is hard to do.

Keep pursuing your claim with ebay and threaten to leave a negative seller review. Most sellers will bend over backwards to avoid a negative. Ebay is very heavily slanted towards the buyer, so if you can provide any sort of evidence the seeds are wrong you should win.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea just don't have a darn printer to print a form Saxicola :(
-----
Now when using eBay or whatever i tell them to send me a picture of the seeds that they are selling/sending to me
This person doesn't know what the heck a lithop is..
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

If the seller is within your own country don't you have Trading Standards Departments in the USA to refer consumer complaints to about businesses misleading customers, or is it all Caveat Emptor = Let the Buyer Beware?

I don't think they can get away with misrepresenting the goods sold in the EU without risking prosecution, see:-

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/con ... laints.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can always Google for consumer protection organisations in the country concerned and email or write to them to see if they will take up the matter. Try writing to a US Botanical Garden or the Cactus & Succulent Society of America and sending some of the seeds to get their ruling on them not being Lithops so you can quote expert opinion in the dispute.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Idk I'll check that out, but unfortunately i haven't even received anything from the EU seller...yet. and they won't email me back in response to my questions... the China one i canceled and got a refund saying they sent me counterfeit products, so that one's all set. But i think i have too actually get the package to make a report, but I'll check it out and see if i don't or whatever cause some times on sites you can report stuff when the company won't respond to your questions.
I got to keep the seeds that the China buyer sent so i tossed a few in the soil see what will pop-up, but I'm being whatever it is its not a mesemb. Or these so called "Chinese Lithops" that Don't exist, from my experience..
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

More fake seeds.....YOU gatta be kidding ME! That make 3 orders....no REAL seeds..FML
Attachments
Fake again?....i think soo
Fake again?....i think soo
CAM02018.jpg (15.24 KiB) Viewed 5420 times
Robb

Post by Robb »

I would definitely consider ordering from MG. The service is good, and Steven Brack is always willing to respond to my emails.
Buying a cactus a day will keep the madness away.