stefan m.

Looking for specfic seeds

Post by stefan m. »

Im on the lookout for cylindropuntia seeds, or more specifically
-bigelovi
-ramosisimma
-fulgida
-leptocaulis
Would like info, because most sellers only do imbricata and a few ordinary ones in europe.
If you have knowledge, please share, because i really dont want to scour the internet for a unpopular cactus.
would also like info on
-pereskiopsis seeds(hahaha yeah i know you use it as a grafting stock...who in the right mind would grow it from seed..
well import restrictions are stupid, and taxes are high... so i have my reasons)
-trihocereus(pachanoi-peruvianus types) besides koehress
-eppiphylums
-stenocereus eruca(my hopes arent up on this one)
-peniocereus(could probably find it but need second opinion)
esp_imaging

Re: Looking for specfic seeds

Post by esp_imaging »

From ADBLPS:

PENIOCEREUS
9683 greggii v. transmontanus SNL 1 [MG 1175/17] - 10g 1,6€
9211viperinus [JM/16] - 10g 0,9
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Yeah saw that one, but allready ordered and likelyhood is that he is allready out of stock.
Pricky

Post by Pricky »

It's impossible to find pereskiopsis seeds...they rarely flower and the fruits usually have few sterile seeds.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

I know its a long shot, but theres got to be somebody...
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

I have seeds of C. ramosissima.

Send me your address (PM), and I'll get some sent next week.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Sorry , will not purchase any seeds from the us on account that when I did order, they didnt arrive.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

I wasn't going to charge you anything for them.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Doesnt matter to me. Dont take it personally but your mail service is what ive had issues with. So keep the seeds, there probably is a reason why they are rare here in europe.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Interesting. In my many years of shipping to other countries, I've never had anyone not receive their seeds or plants.
As you wish.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Well, the story goes like this
Bough from cactusstore, common stuff at a good price. In two weeks they end up in some new york airport. And after that all trace of them vanishes.
mdpillet

Post by mdpillet »

stefan m. wrote:Well, the story goes like this
Bough from cactusstore, common stuff at a good price. In two weeks they end up in some new york airport. And after that all trace of them vanishes.
The majority I've seen you do on here is be condescending toward others and attempt to undermine the credibility of extremely dependable seed sellers. This is too bad, as I would have offered to send you seed as well if you had shown a little more humility. Never mind - you wouldn't want it anyway since I'm in the U.S. too.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

If it's the first time ordering seeds(ever), no matter how reliable your seed source is, you will probably still have a condescending negative attitude. Don't get me wrong communication with cactus store was great, but the seeds I was looking forward to were lost by some postal clerk, and you'd be pretty disappointed as well. Who knows,maybe you've been fortunate not to experience something like that. But when it boils down to reliability I've looked up usps in terms of international shipping and came to the coclusion that I wasn't the only one whose hopes they've managed to crush.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

If the seeds are in a normal envelope, chances are it will go alright. Unless things in Macedonia goes all wrong... I think you will need to look at the latter! I have received many envelopes from the US without problems (and to the US, I only had problems with an envelope containing a bag labeled Lophophora that got destroyed by customs...). I have swapped seeds for quite some years now, and the times an envelope did not make it (both ways) I can count on the fingers of two hands out of a few hundred envelopes. And that included the times I got the envelope returned to me from customs, seeds safe and sound. Enveloped coming and going all over the world, including some countries one might doubt if it will ever arrive safely like Iraq, Namibia, South Africa and Libya.
mdpillet wrote:The majority I've seen you do on here is be condescending toward others and attempt to undermine the credibility of extremely dependable seed sellers. This is too bad, as I would have offered to send you seed as well if you had shown a little more humility. Never mind - you wouldn't want it anyway since I'm in the U.S. too.
I must agree. There is a lot of negativity in the posts, specifically on seed ordering. Negativity I have never experienced myself, or negativity that I know is just not correct (ADBLPS, for instance).
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

I dont think it got destroyed(no lophophora or any other contraband cacti). I dont know how cactusstore ships their packages, but thats on their side.
For one, i actually feel guilty if seeds i bought get lost or destroyed-because in the long run if I got paid back that makes me a seed-hating-douche possibly depriving others of cacti. Second, its all fun and games, but not everything is 100% pleasant or positive especially with some cactus seed traders. Like I said, if you want to buy a product you need to be aware of its flaws. So, if something could go wrong or is in any manner inconvenient, i would like to be aware about it up front, not after the potential damage is done.
And finally first impressions are most important. I told richard eymann that if the transaction worked, id order another one immediately- and their selection is great. So, imagine my sheer disappointment when I realized that USPS screwed up.