Is this Trichocereus terscheckii Long Spine Version

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Joel143

Is this Trichocereus terscheckii Long Spine Version

Post by Joel143 »

I just received this and it was listed as titled. Its about 10in wide and 15in tall. Alot bigger than I expected to be honest. For now this 15gal bucket will have to do. Im just curious if the name I was given is actually it. I know it won't bloom for some time but its from pictures I've seen of small plants of this cactus they seemed alittle on the slimmer side.

m4rkz0r

Post by m4rkz0r »

Looks like the Terschekiis Ive seen. it definantly falls into the Terscheckii, Werdermannius, Pascana catagory of Trichs. I have one but its only a small seedling although noticeably beefier than my pachnoi/peruvianus seedlings.
it could be a cutting or the thinner older portion has been repotted below the soil line for stability. But yeah Terschekii is very thick.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted."
--Aldous Huxley
Joel143

Post by Joel143 »

m4rkz0r wrote:Looks like the Terschekiis Ive seen. it definantly falls into the Terscheckii, Werdermannius, Pascana catagory of Trichs. I have one but its only a small seedling although noticeably beefier than my pachnoi/peruvianus seedlings.
it could be a cutting or the thinner older portion has been repotted below the soil line for stability. But yeah Terschekii is very thick.
Thanks for the info. Its not a cutting for when I received it there were well established roots...maybe a pup at a much smaller age but now unnoticeable. The portion below the soil level is thinner which is why I planted it like it is for stablility. It was the thickness that concerned me about what it might be. I never seen a Terscheckii before and the thickness threw me. Good to know I got what I ordered. Now will have to see if it can handle being potted for now...or for a while depending on its growth rate. I know they are more hardy when it comes to cold and water. Im just alittle concerned about the rainfall I have here in my area. If I do decide to place it in the ground, I will have to make sure the ground is well prepared for good drainage.