Regarding Mesa Garden

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
cactoman

Re: Regarding Mesa Garden

Post by cactoman »

Placed an order nearly a month ago...NOTHING...no acknowledgement, no use of provided CC, nothing.

Sent an email 3 days ago requesting acknowledgement of the order being received...still NOTHING :x

Was a 3-figure order, not 3 packets, so...good customer service...NOT...

Ed J
the CACTOMAN
peterb

Post by peterb »

Yes, they do get backed up this time of year. A suggestion is to call. I have found that Steven often answers the phone himself. Of course, if you keep him on the phone, it will take longer to get your order. :-)

peterb
Zone 9
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

I could be wrong but Mesa Garden is run by one person right? so I can understand during a busy time (like right now) that it might take awhile for an order to be placed. I haven't used Mesa Garden, mostly due to not much money.. ANd I want way too much haha
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Ed - Steve is BURIED now with many "3 figure" orders -- worldwide! As PCG said, best way to get "something"/verification whatever is phone! Part of the "learning curve" with MG.
Peter
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
peterb

Post by peterb »

Not every post gets a reply from three Peters. Awesome.

peterb
Zone 9
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

I believe Steve literally goes through emails/orders sequentially and finishes that one up before even looking at/opening the next order/email.
I emailed my order Jan 20th, 2013, and I just received an email response regarding this order this morning that they will be packing it up ASAP and shipping to me.
He also made the comment that they are "swamped from the new seed list" with "many orders from all over Asia."

It may not be the fastest system, but Steve ALWAYS gets to everyone eventually. It will certainly be worth it!
charlpic

Post by charlpic »

@Minime8484
Backing up everything you say. Experienced the very same.
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

peterb wrote:Not every post gets a reply from three Peters. Awesome.

peterb

If you could find one more Peter you would match my ringtone! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeJAr8xasUg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Sharpy

Post by Sharpy »

cactoman wrote:Placed an order nearly a month ago...NOTHING...no acknowledgement, no use of provided CC, nothing.

Sent an email 3 days ago requesting acknowledgement of the order being received...still NOTHING :x

Was a 3-figure order, not 3 packets, so...good customer service...NOT...

Ed J
the CACTOMAN
Not to worry, you should get a verification Email shortly.

My order was placed 4 weeks ago and I also got my confirmation Email on Wednesday. They do process them in the order that they are recieved.

Once you get the seed and see how good the germination rate is, you won't have any more issues with them :wink:
Sharpy (Doug)

Just say NO to glochids!
Buckethead

Post by Buckethead »

I sent my order by e-mail on January 27th and still not a word. Mesa was always good in the past, but this year they're horrible.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

That's 3 wks -- have you read any of the other posts! [-X Cancel the order & try to get it faster somewhere else! You people are starting to wear thin!
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

He says right on the website that if you place orders after a new list comes out that it may take a long time to process your order. That's often how it is with specialty nurseries, you have to put up with a certain level of inefficiency but the trade off is they often are the only people with certain plants. If I could just drive down to Home Depot to get these plants I would. I know of few other nurseries (especially in the USA) with the seed selection of Mesa.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Christopher Howard

Post by Christopher Howard »

hoteidoc wrote:That's 3 wks -- have you read any of the other posts! [-X Cancel the order & try to get it faster somewhere else! You people are starting to wear thin!
+1
Saxicola wrote:He says right on the website that if you place orders after a new list comes out that it may take a long time to process your order. That's often how it is with specialty nurseries, you have to put up with a certain level of inefficiency but the trade off is they often are the only people with certain plants. If I could just drive down to Home Depot to get these plants I would. I know of few other nurseries (especially in the USA) with the seed selection of Mesa.
+1

Honestly, think about everything that is going on, I know for certain I could handle no such responsibility. And honestly, I'd say for what he gets done, he does get the job done quickly.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Emailed my order on Jan 20th.
Received email confirmation that order received and being worked on on Feb 15th.
Received email today (Feb 22nd) that package was mailed today via Priority Mail.

Not too bad considering it was his busiest time of the year.
Looks like he was out of quite a bit though as the charge is much less than my order should have been.... #-o
peterb

Post by peterb »

Ha, yes, it is always something of a lottery regarding inventory.

Peterb
Zone 9