I don't know why I did it but...

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
cactuspolecat

I don't know why I did it but...

Post by cactuspolecat »

I guess it's a tough call sometimes, I've got a couple of new Agaves.

This orphaned little fellow doesn't even have a name... it doesn't seem to mind being called Nigel though. :D its a lovely little plant that is producing a number of pups. it is approx 9cm. in diameter.

This little fellow, as the tag declared, is called Agave potatorum 'minima', it is also quite 'mini' in stature but big in beauty, the main plant being only 5cm across...
Image Image

Happy growing, CP
Last edited by cactuspolecat on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king!" ...Bruce Cockburn.

G'day from down under in Devonport, Taz, the HEART of Oz.
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

CP,

I think that your first one is also A. potatorum. We call it variety verschaffeltii.
Buck Hemenway
cactuspolecat

Post by cactuspolecat »

G'day Mate!
Thanks, that's brilliant! I've also had someone on another forum say similar though he had it pegged as verschaffeltii cv. "Shoji Rajin"
I'm thinking "Shoji Rajin" may be a bit too exotic to find on the nursery shelf here in Tas. though I guess not impossible. From what I can gather though "Shoji Rajin" grows only to about 6-7cm., and this one is already over that at about 8.5cm, so I shall name it potatorum var. verschaffeltii at this stage.

I found these web pages, in case anyone wishes to take a peek.
Here
and Here

Again, thanks for your help Buck!
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king!" ...Bruce Cockburn.

G'day from down under in Devonport, Taz, the HEART of Oz.