San Pedro Seedlings turning brown!! (Pictures)

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
ebraze

San Pedro Seedlings turning brown!! (Pictures)

Post by ebraze »

I germinated about 40 San Pedro seed a couple of months ago and they looked great until I saw them recently. They're in a plastic wrap covered pot, getting misted once a day. They're on top of a heating mat and about 4 feet and to the side of a 1000 watt hps light. Any ideas on what could be going wrong???
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.01 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
the photo above shows their condition this morning. The picture below shows them about a week or two ago.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (56.66 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
greenknight

Re: San Pedro Seedlings turning brown!! (Pictures)

Post by greenknight »

The light may be a bit strong for them. Hard to judge the color under that light, how do they look under natural light? They don't look bad afaict.
Spence :mrgreen:
HP22B

Post by HP22B »

That's a pretty heavy duty lamp for young seedlings, even if they're a few feet away. Probably light stress.
Karsty

Post by Karsty »

Why would you keep Echinopsis pachanoi in humid conditions? In the first photo they look very etiolated.
iann

Post by iann »

Karsty wrote:Why would you keep Echinopsis pachanoi in humid conditions? In the first photo they look very etiolated.
Why wouldn't you? Cactus seedlings grow quickly and are easy to care for if kept in enclosed sterile conditions at high humidity. I don't think they look etiolated. I don't even think they're in any trouble. If anything, the light may be a fraction too bright, but the colour doesn't look dangerous. Of course they may all be rotting from the tip down, but that wouldn't be my first guess ;)
--ian
crispy224

Post by crispy224 »

At what age do you take them out of humid conditions. I normally take mine out after 2 month. If they are turning brownish red that sounds like too much light to me
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Let them grow a bit more maybe double/triple the size.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND