Cannot find a picture on the internet

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Dave

Cannot find a picture on the internet

Post by Dave »

I have searched many sites trying to ID this plant. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
tinsel

Post by tinsel »

Probably some kind of Eubhorbia milii?
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Yes, I think Tinsel is right. If you do a search for pictures on Google with euphorbia milii, you'll find many.
Dominique
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi,

Yes I concur as well. The plant looks to be in good condition, has it flowered? In fact what most people regard as the flowers are in fact coloured bracts. These can be red, pink, yellow or orange. If the plant is kept reasonably warm, watering can continue throughout the year and it will also flower for most of the year. If it is kept a little cooler, do not water very much at all. The leaves will probably drop, but will grow again in the spring.

The common name is Crown of Thorns.

John
Last edited by templegatejohn on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

I have two of these plants : one with red flowers, the other one with white flowers. I keep them with my cacti, at winter, about 3° to 5°C and no water.
Dominique
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Dominique,

That is interesting. Do they lose their leaves at that temperature and does either of them show more growth than the other?

Sorry to hear about your troubles over there. Hope you are well away from it all. I don't think there is anywhere in the world where you are truly safe anymore.

Take care,
John
Last edited by templegatejohn on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Hi, John,
The plants lose some of their leaves at winter but not all of them. Both seem to grow at the same pace.
Regarding the troubles here, I think the government has a large responsability in what is happening. You can't turn your back on such society problems and expect them to be solved by miracle. And a good dose of provocation on top of it, from some politicians... I hope it is going to calm down because violence is not the key.
Dominique
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thanks all

Dave