What Cacti Guide looks like with just the backrground color

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
John C

What Cacti Guide looks like with just the backrground color

Post by John C »

Ok, so, I was reading posts on this website, then I reloaded the home page to see if there were any posts I missed. Well it was taking forever to load so I opened a new tab and did something else. My first tab finally opened and was messed up. :lol: It was kind of funny!

Here is what Cacti Guide looks like with just the background color....

(Pictures must be enlarged and zoomed to look correct)

I then reloaded the page and it was normal again. I kind of like it, but I prefer what it looks like now.

Thought you guys might like to see it.
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
hob

Post by hob »

yeah i had that too, about 30 min ago, its what sometimes happens when the server is too slow responding and only the base colours load :?

Daiv this highlights how the server is responding erratically at times recently

as mentioned here

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11484
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yeah, I can't do anything about it. I trust that Tony will get it resolved - hopefully sooner than later!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Lee

cann't log on

Post by Lee »

I have noticed that when I have been trying to sign on around 9pm eastern time it will not let me on to the forum it just keeps comming back to the log on page is this a common problem PS: It also happens erratically thru out the day but no all of the time:?:
Lee P
daiv
Site Admin

Re: cann't log on

Post by daiv »

Lee wrote:I have noticed that when I have been trying to sign on around 9pm eastern time it will not let me on to the forum it just keeps comming back to the log on page is this a common problem PS: It also happens erratically thru out the day but no all of the time:?:
Lee,
This isn't a server issue, this is a result of the way Internet Explorer handles the cookies used by the PHPBB code. This issue only happens with Internet Explorer. The fix is easy. Simply delete your temporary internet files and cookies. Deleting these files regularily is a good idea anyway as it will improve your browser's performance.

To do this, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> under "browsing history" select "Delete" and then delete files, cookies, and browsing history. There is no need to delete form data and saved passwords.

(This is for I.E. 7 - other versions are slightly differnt.)
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Im on I.E.7 and i dont have any probs at all other than slow load do to my stupid sloooooooooooooooow arse dial-up service. :evil: Sooner or later im gona have a friend completely purge/whipe out my whole comp and start fresh maybe that will help run it alittle faster. :wink:
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

You probably have your settings made to delete the temp files automatically in a shorter amount of time. That is not a bad way to go.