It's purple

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
iann

Post by iann »

The survivors look pretty good. I'm sure they'll thrive now.

Mineral soils are soils without anything organic in them. Organic is peat, bark, humus, compost, or anything else which was once alive. Even desert soils contain some organic components but usually a very tiny amount. So rock, clay, sand, loam (with little or no organic content), pumice, grit, perlite, are all mineral.
--ian
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

The survivors are looking good!
But darn, forgot to repot the ones you gave me...so i lost one, the other is going strong.

Maybe the purple one got pushed up and lost some roots or something in the process and it needed some time to recoop.
njcactus

Post by njcactus »

wow, look at those great wrightii! careful with damping off with these guys this spring/summer. I've had a devil of a time keeping them from rotting until they are about 4 years old when they stabilize. Try transplanting into mineral mix, no peat.
I am so glad i found this thread! Hopefully my 3 little M. wrightii seedlings will now have better chance to survive. I guess that explains poor germination as well.
Tony

Post by Tony »

njcactus wrote:
wow, look at those great wrightii! careful with damping off with these guys this spring/summer. I've had a devil of a time keeping them from rotting until they are about 4 years old when they stabilize. Try transplanting into mineral mix, no peat.
I am so glad i found this thread! Hopefully my 3 little M. wrightii seedlings will now have better chance to survive. I guess that explains poor germination as well.
All thanks to one funny little purple plant. :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony