Other tiny Echinopsis?

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Wallydraigle

Other tiny Echinopsis?

Post by Wallydraigle »

I picked up this little plant this summer and it's very charming.

I'd love to get some more smaller ones like this. I picked up one that was sold to me as "Little Red Riding Hood" which is not much bigger and has the most amazing fuchsia flowers. Echinopsis breeders usually select for larger flowers, which generally means larger plants, but there have got to be some other diminutive varieties like these one out there. Any names I can look for?
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Super picture too!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Wallydraigle

Post by Wallydraigle »

Thanks. I was trying to disguise the fact that it's a potted plant. Not sure if I succeeded or not. I don't think I've ever gotten a good picture of the fuchsia one, but I've got this.

It's very fluorescent. That's a four inch pot, so a bit larger than the orange one, but still quite small for an Echinopsis.

I also have an Echinopsis ancistrophora, which is quite a bit larger than either of the other two, but still pretty small. I'd really like to find some more truly tiny ones like the orange one. It's a whole clump that's just the size of a coin.
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Beautiful little plants!
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

indeed, it looks lovely! you'd never guess it's so small
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)