Happy Anniversary!

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
daiv
Site Admin

Happy Anniversary!

Post by daiv »

WOW! Now I know I am really busy!

I forgot the CactiGuide.com CactiForum 2-Year Anniversary! :occasion7:

As of last Sunday 8-27-2006, the forum completed its second year. It seems to me like the forum has been going forever while at the same time, two years seems like only yesterday!

Well it has certainly grown beyond my expectations and I have learned so much in the process.

Getting to know everyone has been a blast -I'm convinced that this forum boasts the nicest, friendliest, all around bestest folks on the web. (Of course I may be just a little biased in my opinion. :wink: )

Anyway, if we were in the same room I'd raise my glass in a toast to all the members!

Here's to us! :salute:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
peterb

Post by peterb »

Daiv, I'm new here but the forum and the site in general has become my number one internet cactus hang out. Great people, so much knowledge, and lots of amazing revelations. Thanks for your hard work and thanks too to Templegate john.

Peterb
hablu

Post by hablu »

I'll raise my glass too. The is a very fine place to be. Thank you and thank you John. Cheers. Harry
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

I've got my glass raised, just wish Perry would get here with the Bushmills.

Nice people great management Daiv and John
Buck Hemenway
hob

Post by hob »

incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
perrycornish

Post by perrycornish »

My congratulations. Daiv. Definitely my favourite cactus port of call for the reasons staterd above, nice folk, lots of knowledge and I will add, a great atmosphere:)Buck here you go....
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33/Pe ... orBuck.jpg
Perry

'No-one can make me feel inferior without my consent'

Eleanor Roosevelt
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Time flies when your having fun :D

This forum is my home away from home.

Great job Daiv and John
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Congratulations to Daiv for having the forsight to set up the Forum and all the hard work he has and is putting into it. I am sure it is a labour of love for him but even so it can be very time consuming. Thank you also for the kind thoughts for myself.

I sincerely believe that we now have some members with tremendous knowledge about the hobby and more importantly they are prepared to share their knowledge with the other members, something that does not always happen in other hobbies. I also don't want to forget our other members, who only have one or two plants and do not have the same depth of knowledge or interest as the more avid collectors.

PS: I like the idea of the Bushmills, Buck, I may just have a nip tonight. (For those who are thinking what sort of a cactus Bushmills is, it is Irish whiskey and very nice it is too.

John
cactuspolecat

Post by cactuspolecat »

Daiv, great job mate, thanks for the forum, and all the effort that goes into it's maintenance etc.

Cheers and blessings,

CP
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king!" ...Bruce Cockburn.

G'day from down under in Devonport, Taz, the HEART of Oz.
cactusveda

Post by cactusveda »

cheers daiv and co.! as i look backwards,i accidently came across this site.i learned a lot not only the species,flowers like things but how studious,caring,passionate,enthu you all are about cacti.i think its because of you all that now am seriously infected by cactusbug.all my best wishes by heart from this part of the world! :lol:
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

I see that Perry has bought the good stuff for us. we can't get that label here. Anyway, Cheers to All the CactiGuide contributors.
Buck Hemenway
perrycornish

Post by perrycornish »

Buck I'll have to have a word with the boss at Bushmills ( It is just down the road) No Black Bush in the US that is terrible :!:
Perry

'No-one can make me feel inferior without my consent'

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mark

Post by Mark »

Congratulations for 2 years many more to come.

Mark
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

2 years of great fun,folks and plants 8)
this is a great place :D
congrates :occasion7: \:D/ :occasion7:
Tony

congrat's

Post by Tony »

congradulations indeed.and thank's for this site. it's the best place to learn about cactus and succulent's Ive ever found.I Havent done much posting over the last year,but i've been using it constantly.
Tony