Help! I'm addicted!

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
majcka

Re: Help! I'm addicted!

Post by majcka »

BTW you have winter now. How is that for your cacti. Do you have to put cacti inside, or is it warm enough through winter to leave them outside?
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

It stays warm enough where I am to keep the majority of them still outdoors, only ones I've moved indoors are my Melocactii. Nighttime temperatures never really creep down lower than 0c at the worst and I'm still seeing 20c during the daytime if the clouds stay away. All the outdoors ones, apart from plants I have in the ground, are protected from rain by an awning so all I have to contend with is cold and relative humidity.
Still expect some casualties over winter though, just one of those things you just can't escape.
majcka

Post by majcka »

SnowFella wrote:Still expect some casualties over winter though, just one of those things you just can't escape.
I know. I had them in the flat last winter and still had quite some corpses. Image
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Well, gee, that sounds pretty "normal" to me :wink:
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!