discovered major prob

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
nbcrty

discovered major prob

Post by nbcrty »

please help what is this...its like a wide spread disease.. started with 1.. now 3.....
Attachments
IMG_1167.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG (64.57 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
IMG_1166.JPG
IMG_1166.JPG (67.88 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
cactushobbyman

Re: discovered major prob

Post by cactushobbyman »

Hard to tell for the pic, maybe some rot. :-k
kykeion

Post by kykeion »

The white stuff in the second pic looks kinda like mealies. Is it soft and kind of sticky to the touch? and or turn orange when you smush it between your fingers?
I'm not sure what is going on in the first pic. cactushobbyman might be right about the rot.
nbcrty

Post by nbcrty »

its euphorbia.. plus i began to peal away some of the skin... and it was like little spider webs... red spider mites.... thats why my one E. grusonii started dieing... where can i get a cure for the mites.??/
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

nbcrty wrote:its euphorbia.. plus i began to peal away some of the skin... and it was like little spider webs... red spider mites.... thats why my one E. grusonii started dieing... where can i get a cure for the mites.??/
Isopropyl alcohol spray. Safe and effective, although you need to keep your plants out of direct sunlight when you spray. Pest mites are remarkably persistent, so the remedy is to spray once a week until you know they're gone, then spray a few more times just to be sure. When the weather gets cold, you won't have a problem with red spider mites.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)