? succulent sick

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
ItchyBigfoot

? succulent sick

Post by ItchyBigfoot »

Hi I'm wondering if anybody can help me save this succulent I got at Petco (yes I know what you're thinking but I had other shopping to do there to) . Anyway i'm not as concerned about identifying it right now I just want to have it root. Its weak, it's root system is a stub and I don't know if it needs different soil maybe because it's tropical or if my soil mix just won't work for it. Pleas help by the way where I live in western NC I don't have a humidifier in my room for the sake of my favorite torch cactus. Aka does it's species need humidity?
My soil mix (I'm going to change it a little this spring) is made of mostly gravel and pumice a little soil and a pinch of coir. I've been wanting to add non clumping cat litter.
Attachments
1386532413297.jpg
1386532413297.jpg (33.04 KiB) Viewed 682 times
"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
emilleejoyce

Re: ? succulent sick

Post by emilleejoyce »

I'm not an expert at all but I think if you pot it in the soil you described it will grow new roots in the spring. Be sure to pull off any dead stuff (the bottom part looks pretty bad) and maybe don't water it until springtime either? I mean the plant looks healthy enough, albeit a little wilted, so I would think it would be fine. It already looks like it started to put out new roots at the base. Just make sure to get any dead roots off before you plant it or they could cause problems later.