Story of my suicidal plant

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Pompom

Re: Story of my suicidal plant

Post by Pompom »

WayneByerly wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 pm
Pompom wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:18 am ... Thanks for that, I'll do the same thing when the babies are ready :D
That's entirely up to you. It's just something that I have done before and thought I might suggest it as an idea. I'd be willing to bet if you gave it a little thought you could come up with a better idea. Thanks for even considering it.
I might make some cute little bowl of echeverias with pulidonis and pvn babies. But there's still lot more to give away. I've decided to write a little "how to care" tag with them so people might really be able to keep them alive. Can't surely keep the all with me since Kurt was 15cm in diameter before the accident. They'll grow pretty large.
the_cheshirecat

Post by the_cheshirecat »

I love the babies, and I really like the idea of giving the baby plants to random people!
You're absolutely right, you never know how much something so "little" can actually mean when done to the right person at the right time.
Well done!
Ty the cheshirecat
Pompom

Post by Pompom »

Scientific do-it-yourself-research continues.

I'm really surprised how nicely the PVN cutting grew. It has two heads and they are about a size to live on their own. Bigger is actually as big as the head of the motherplant.

Kurts babies in the other hand, they are not just that gorgerous... Yeah they might need more light but so does the PVN and it does fine and I believe it must need much more light than pulidonis since it's red. There also this tiniest cutie crassula coming up. Before it was way too close to the PVN and didn't grow much since their roots were tangled together and PVN wanted to take it all. After I separated them, the crassula started to grow nicely.

I'm about to make an experiment with one of the Kurts babies, I'm gonna cut the head off and see if it's large enough to form own roots. All of them have a power to produce aerial roots. Why I know? I accidentally neglected them a while ago so they got no water and needed it from somewhere.

Sorry, the pictures have terrible light conditions and the colors are not there. Kurt babies are nicely green and PVN are nicely red.
livingtogether.jpg
livingtogether.jpg (123.83 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
pvnbabies.jpg
pvnbabies.jpg (86.88 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
bestpot.jpg
bestpot.jpg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 1007 times