Growth Over Time - Agave parryii

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Re: Growth Over Time - Agave parryii

Post by WayneByerly »

Vipassana wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:21 am If possible, get it more direct sunlight ... it's leaves will be shorter, wider, and stand up more if you get it more direct sunlight.
I meant to reply to this earlier, but I'm not finding the post that I desired to make. So maybe I fell asleep while composing and never got around to submit it.

What I intended to say was that the pictures from 2015 to 2017 were taken in the colder months of the year, and therefore the Sun did not last as long during the day as it does during the summer months. The picture below was taken in Spring of 2018 and therefore the sun has been steadily increasing in duration and intensity. So you can see that the leaves of this Agave are standing up a little more then they did in the aforementioned pictures.
20180510_084534-1024x768.jpg
20180510_084534-1024x768.jpg (105.78 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
Vipassana

Post by Vipassana »

WayneByerly wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:10 pm I meant to reply to this earlier, but I'm not finding the post that I desired to make. So maybe I fell asleep while composing and never got around to submit it.

What I intended to say was that the pictures from 2015 to 2017 were taken in the colder months of the year, and therefore the Sun did not last as long during the day as it does during the summer months. The picture below was taken in Spring of 2018 and therefore the sun has been steadily increasing in duration and intensity. So you can see that the leaves of this Agave are standing up a little more then they did in the aforementioned pictures.
I would say that looks very good! The leaves are noticeably more upright. It would be interesting to take a picture each month throughout the year and compare the form.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

Vipassana wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:20 am ... It would be interesting to take a picture each month throughout the year and compare the form.
A little like my "Growth Over Time" series. I'll start accumulating photos for such a collection tomorrow.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a