Question regarding Pleiospilos Nelii.

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Daedalux

Question regarding Pleiospilos Nelii.

Post by Daedalux »

Hey there people,

I have a question regarding watering my P. nelii, I have 3 in the same pot and 2 don't have any old leaves left but one still got 2 pairs of leaves, the old pair is getting softer each day.

I shouldn't water the 2 pairs one but I should water the single pair ones right?

Should I repot them now and separate them or could I harm them doing so?

Cheers!
mmcavall

Re: Question regarding Pleiospilos Nelii.

Post by mmcavall »

I would just continue doing what you are doing. It seems that the two pairs one will reach it's friends. (On the other hand, by keeping plants separated you increase the chances of save one of them if things go bad in the pot).
Despite giving my opinion here, I have no experience in true winter conditions, since I live in Brazil. Hope someone gives you better advice.
spok

Post by spok »

I think Pleiospilos should have two sets of leaves, not like lithops which absorb the old ones.You should water them lightly assuming they aren't in a cold spot.Maybe spray them.Mine have just splitted(is this correct?) and I spray them often because they appear to have spidermites.
TimN

Post by TimN »

The one I had always had two sets of leaves. A closed set in the center and an open set below that. The old leaves became very hard after they dried out. I wasn't able to remove them (like lithops).
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim