Cool succulent need help identifying

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
tynan1167

Cool succulent need help identifying

Post by tynan1167 »

Hello all!

I am new to the site and need help identifying a succulent. We bought a house in New Mexico and were left a bunch of pots with a plethora of plants. This succulent had one little root ball left and we replanted it and watered it and within 30 days it had grown beyond recognition and then budded out to a crazy, tall flower. I have never experienced a succulent like this and I would love know what it is. Any help would be great! Thanks
Attachments
IMG-4697.jpg
IMG-4697.jpg (125.77 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
IMG-4698.jpg
IMG-4698.jpg (95.88 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
esp_imaging

Re: Cool succulent need help identifying

Post by esp_imaging »

It's a Sempervivum.
Unfortunately they put so much effort into flowering that the flowering heads die.
Fortunately, they normally produce plenty of offsets first.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
tynan1167

Post by tynan1167 »

Wow! Thats awesome. I thought could've been "chicks and hens" type of succulent, but I wasn't sure. My wife and I had never seen one bloom quite like this one. It was awesome watching it grow and produce. We did have to pluck it after about a month, but it got HUGE! Thank you so much for helping me out :)
nachtkrabb

Post by nachtkrabb »

Those on my balcony look just the same, also same flower. They were identified as Sempervivum marmoreum.
N.
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.