Caudiciform Cucurbits?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
PseudolithosLover

Caudiciform Cucurbits?

Post by PseudolithosLover »

What's your personal favorite? I'm planning on ordering some soon, and I wanted to know some choice favorites :)
Trade with me :) Always looking to expand my collection! :D
SoilSifter

Re: Caudiciform Cucurbits?

Post by SoilSifter »

https://www.llifle.com/Encyclopedia/SUC ... _humbertii

I have a Seyrigia humbertii. I found it doesn't appreciate my overcast winters and requires a bit of supplemental lighting when indoors for the winter. According to Llifle it isn't exactly caudiciform but can be mistaken for one because of its tubers and people can raise the plant to show the tubers. I've left mine unraised. Curiously, Llifle's page, further down, does say this plant has a caudex and even mentions "pterocacti" near the end so maybe info from other pages was mixed in to this page.
7george

Re: Caudiciform Cucurbits?

Post by 7george »

Some years ago I kept a couple of plants Corallocarpus but gave those away to a friend. Plants made small caudex trunk and had long liana-like branches that used to die back winter time. The reason I decided these do not match my home conditions was they needed warm placement most of the year and also significant space for extending of their leafy branches.

Image Image
Here they are, I might be wrong with IDs.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8