What's wrong with this site?

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Barrymore

What's wrong with this site?

Post by Barrymore »

Hi,
In the home page I type in my user name and password
and click login/submit?
This same login page keeps on returning, requiring me to time and again re-enter the info.
After about ten times I might get thru and the top of the page shows that I am logged in. When I go to
my profile or forums I am required to fill in the info again and again, as I am now shown as not being logged in.
Same problem when I submit or reply to a post.
The page shows that I am not logged in, yet I was able to reply to a post.
Totally confusing and frustrating.

At the top of this page I am shown as being logged in, but I bet when I submit this post I will again be required to fill in my password etc. most likely
without success.
Can someone please help.
Peyote Pete

Post by Peyote Pete »

Maybe it has to do with your cookies setting? I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot. Try setting this website to accept cookies.
-Peyote Pete (CSSA Member)
"Please would you like to be somewhere floating free?
Seems my destiny, Captain Fantasy
Take a minute to go down beneath the reaches of sound
You could be with me, Captain Fantasy" --Ween
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hi Barrymore,
Ok I would have got to you sooner, but I spent all weekend outside enjoying spring after a long long winter! Thanks Pete for helping out!

So for the log-in issue. If it was a problem with the website, then it would be happening to other users too. I also haven't made any changes to the site. Based on this, we must conclude that the trouble has to do with your web browser.

Pete is right to mention cookies as this site uses cookies to remember your login -this is a possibility.

The most likely cause that I have seen in the past is that a user has gone too long without deleting temporary internet files. I think I've only seen this problem with Internet Explorer, and not other browsers. But clearing your temporary internet files will almost certainly clear the issue.

If you don't know how to do this things, e-mail me and let me know which browser you are using and I will walk you through it. (You can post here too if you like, but given the login issue, e-mail might be less frustrating.)

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti