My Lucky Day

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
neonj

My Lucky Day

Post by neonj »

After Friday after I deposited my paycheck I make the rounds to Lowe’s, Home Depot and wal-mart where I usually buy a few new cactus. My first stop was lowes. They keep their cactus collection on a big circular 5 shelf rack system. Anyway, to my surprise there was a sign that said "Entire Rack, $50.00". I went and asked the cashier what that ment and she Wow, I guess for $50 you can have every cactus there. So I said "SOLD" People were flipping when they found out I just bought the entire cactus and succulent department for only $50.00. They had to scan every single plant to remove them from inventory and the total register price was $1595.00. Most of the plants were priced at 2.37 or 3.87. There were about 20 or so that were 7.99 and then there was a fabulous Mexican Fence Post about 18 inches tall that was priced at $22. Probably about 300 - 400 plants in all. I am still so excited and can hardly believe my luck. Below are some pictures I took of the 1st truck load. My batteries died and I didn’t get a picture of the 2nd truckload. I don't really have anyone to share my excitement with, so that’s why I posted this message here.

Thanks
Jeffrey Gibson

Bill in SC

Post by Bill in SC »

I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!!! W-O-W!!! Great deal!! And.. they look so nice and healthy!! I think I would have asked for the display rack too to really sweeten the kitty! Did you leave there and go to Wal-Mart and Home Depot?!!
Bill in SC :lol:
In retrospect, I'll bet someone told some employ to go put a 50% markdown on them, and they screwed up!!! :shock:
neonj

Post by neonj »

Your probably right. They look pretty good. Some of the succulents are a little rough looking. I've got more Jade and Aloe Vera than I have ever wanted. Nope, I passed on Wal-Mart and Home Depot this week. Matter of fact, I don't think I will be doing any cactus shopping for a few weeks now.

Jeffrey
Kuroc

Post by Kuroc »

All I can say is WOW you lucked out. :hello1:
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I still haven't been able to pick my jaw up off the desk here. :shock:

That is absolutely insane!

I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight -too bad I won't have an actual truck bed like that when i wake up.

Glad you shared with us!

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
cactusveda

Post by cactusveda »

you have hit a superlotto jackpot ! congrats. oops!!! full cactus collection in one visit? unbelievable :shock: :shock: :shock:
DieTer-Xz

Post by DieTer-Xz »

What a bargain! Incredible!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

OMG

Buying the whole cactus department hehehe well done mate :-)
j

Post by j »

Nice result there !
My missus goes mad if i bring 1 or 2 cactus
home let alone 2 truckloads :lol:
Bill in SC

Post by Bill in SC »

My missus is like that too!! Wonder what makes them tick sometimes... :lol:
Bill in SC
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Bill in SC wrote:My missus is like that too!! Wonder what makes them tick sometimes... :lol:
Bill in SC
Nobody knows what makes them tick but I know several ways to tick them off :lol:
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

I'm surprised you guys don't know how a wife thinks.
Here is the formula.
A wife will do/react the exact opposite of what you think she will do/react, sometimes, maybe, once in a while, next week, or never.

See how easy that was.........

Frank
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Allright you guys, you are setting yourselves up for a comback from the ladies, you know. [-X :sad11:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Daiv,

They're the same guys that just need to pick up the cactus by the prickly end to see if the spines are really sharp.
Buck Hemenway
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

I don't think the women members of the group will be offended because they also share a love of cactus.
Plus they may have husbands who feel the same way about cactus that some of the above wives feel.. This being the case, then they know of what we speak. :O)

Just because some of our wives object to our buying cactus does not mean we "need to pick up the cactus by the prickly end to see if the spines are really sharp."

I don't see the correlation there at all. :O)

Frank