Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Saguaro123 wrote:Cool cats everyone. 8)

Darryl, is he/she an indoor cat? i don't remember seeing him/her during my visit.
We do have an indoor cat, but shes black and white.
This one is one of my parents cats, was down there for dinner last weekend and as i was leaving, i saw Edie on the milkbone box. Had to take a pic!

Edie was first thought to be a male (an irresponsible friend got her but had no way to take care of her and when we took her, he told us she was a boy :roll: Since she was named her after Eddie from Iron Maiden...we just removed a *D* and she became Edie :)
birdguy34

Post by birdguy34 »

Not the best pics, but here are my guys getting a bath in the sprinklers in the 106 degree heat today.
Sherman
Burrito
Chris
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Sherman and Burrito are beautiful birds! How old are they? Have you had them since they were chicks, or did you get older birds?
CelticRose

Post by CelticRose »

Cool parrots! 8)
My mind works in mysterious ways.

I'm all a-Twitter: http://twitter.com/RosCeilteach

My needlework blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Excellent! I think a good caption for the first pic would be something like:

"How would YOU like it if I took your picture when you just got out of the shower?!?"

:lol:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
birdguy34

Post by birdguy34 »

Daiv,
That's a really good caption for the look on his sour face, but I know he was telling me to quit saying be still so I could take his pic-he turns into a wild man while taking a bath.
Harriet,
Sherman is 16, he was 2 month's when I got him and had another month or so of hand feeding when I got him. Burrito is 28, was given to me by a family member that had turned their back on him, and he had E-coli and other issues when I got him, he's my million dollar bird(vet's visits) and is a plucker.
Chris
Di

Post by Di »

birdguy34 wrote:Daiv,
That's a really good caption for the look on his sour face, but I know he was telling me to quit saying be still so I could take his pic-he turns into a wild man while taking a bath.
Harriet,
Sherman is 16, he was 2 month's when I got him and had another month or so of hand feeding when I got him. Burrito is 28, was given to me by a family member that had turned their back on him, and he had E-coli and other issues when I got him, he's my million dollar bird(vet's visits) and is a plucker.
Chris
I love Macaws. Your parrots are absolutely beautiful. My 19 year old grey is also a plucker. Years ago, my friend had to put her blue and gold to sleep. He was very old, many owners and ill. I kissed Blue good-bye. A very sad day. I hope my Biko and I go at the same time. I am his second owner. Had him since he was 15 months old. His first owner didn't realize they are actually work and a responsibility. She only wanted a status symbol. JERK! My gain.

My Biko absolutely hates it when I shower him.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful parrots.

Di
Tony

Post by Tony »

I have always enjoyed keeping birds, those two are beautiful Chris! :)
Interestingly they seem to choose me, to date I have rescued 3 different domesticated birds, a nanday conure, budgie, and the latest is a cockatiel. Right out of my own yard. :shock:
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Tony, I know what you meant there. In San Clemente, I had the occasional pet bird show up in our back yard. Sounds like you must catch them somehow?
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

Introducing...

Corky!!!

He's a Russian Tortoise. His shell is 5 inches long and he weighs 10.7 oz. We got him on Sunday.

He's great and not scared of anything, he never goes back into his shell.

Great addition to the family!!!
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

:love10:
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Super! Did you get him from one of those adoption places? It won't get much bigger than that as these stay quite small, but it will live for many years!
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

After taking a tortoisely correct measurement, his shell is 4.25 inches. The first time I just measured over his back. :shock:

The adoption/rescue places only had turtles/tortoises that grow really big or aquatic turtles/tortoises. We wanted a land one, with the cute dinosaur lookin' feet. After visiting, 5 pet stores, we ended up going back to the first one to get him...'cuz I liked him the best. :)
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I can understand that. In our MN Herp group, getting the water turtles adopted out each month is always difficult and there always seems to be so many.

Most of these did not come from pet stores, but were caught in a different area in the wild. As always, people fail to check up front with the animals needs until it is too late.

I hope to build a cool indoor/outdoor water turtle setup where I can take in a bunch of these unwated shell bearing critters.
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

That would be cool Daiv! Maybe in the future we will too! But, neither of us has had one before, so we really didn't know what we were getting into. I just know the hassle of having aquariums, and that would be the hubbys job to clean it out.