Overwatering

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
Prickly_Jim

Overwatering

Post by Prickly_Jim »

Hello

I email Daiv personnally regarding this as i was slightly worried about my cactus, and he provided me with some information on the problem (mainly overwatering) and how to link images to posts (thanks Daiv :D ).

The wound that has appeared on this cactus has slowly got bigger over the past few weeks.... from Daiv's advice i will repot and provide better drainage.
With regards to the degreading bit, will this just heal or can i do anything to help it ? Anyone else got any other suggestions ?

I obtained the plant about 8 years ago when it was about 2" tall and have managed (not sure how) to get it to this size...I really dont want to have to bin it !

Thanks all in advance..
iann

Post by iann »

I have had similar wounds heal over without trouble, but your's seems quite deep. If it continues to get worse then you should take action, there's no need for the plant to die. Chop it off above the wound and reroot it. You'll get rid of the nasty bits near the bottom and have a nice clean plant, slightly shorter than before.