The Cactus Family - Out of Print Again!

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
daiv
Site Admin

The Cactus Family - Out of Print Again!

Post by daiv »

If you have put off your purchase of "The Cactus Family" by Anderson, please note that it has gone out of print a second time and a third printing is highly unlikely. Prices are climbing - the cheapest new on Amazon is $150. Amazon still lists it in the $60 some range, but are out-of-stock. Unless they have an order in shipment, they won't be able to fill any orders of it.

As there were no more for me to order, I did find 3, but not at the same discount so the price is higher, but not as high as those on Amazon at $150 and up.

http://www.exoticplantbooks.com/detail/?product_id=9
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
RichR

Post by RichR »

Glad I bought mine last April for $60!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Funny. Since I made the post, Amazon raised their price a bit, but still say "out of stock".

A couple other sellers are listing it for a more reasonable price below $100.

I'm not a fan of charging an arm and a leg for an out of stock book like that. To each his own, I guess, but to me, charge a fair mark-up and plan to sell the customer another day.

In case seeing a sell price that his higher than the listed price on my site, note that sometimes I can only get out of print books by paying a higher price myself. "The Cycads" by Whitlock is a good example of this. I think I have the last 6 new copies in existence coming to me.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti