Thought I was going to miss this one

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
daiv
Site Admin

Thought I was going to miss this one

Post by daiv »

Hello again all! I'm going to be out of town for the next three days so I won't be around to check the forum, but that also means I won't be able to watch my plants. That includes my E. hookeri that has a bud that has been growing for some time. I was looking at it earlier this evening and thinking to myself, "I'm gonig to miss it, this thing isn't going to open until tomorrow. Well I was wrong, it opened tonight! I wish I'd have known and I would have taken a sequence of shots for another time lapse, but it is better than missing it altogether. Anyway enough of my blabbing. Here's the flower:

ondy

Post by ondy »

Wow Daiv,

You really seem to do well with these type cacti. That it one hugh flower. Congrats.

Andy
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Daiv,

Andy is right, you certainly seem to have the magic touch with that type of plant.

John
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

I'm astounded (sp)by the variety of blooms on the Epi's. Again another excellent looking flower =D>

Bill
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hey I guess they have wireless internet at the hotel! Anyway, remember I'm in San Clemente which ins't far from the beach. So we get near perfect conditions for growng Epiphytic cacti. All you need to do is add water. If it rained where I'm at it would be very much like their native habitat.