thought id say hi

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
manda

thought id say hi

Post by manda »

hello im manda from portsmouth uk
i found this forum browsing for help on my poorly cactus i never thought there would be a forum about them :D
ive had my lil fella named mr.cactus for about 4 years this summer i got him from a carboot for £2
after seeing this site im thinking i may get a couple more as you all seem so pashionate about them
other things i collect/own
reptiles
my dog
tropical fish
egyption models
and any old tat that i pick up in shops for under a £ lol im a hoarder :P :P
manda x
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello manda,
I do heartily welcome you to the club of incurable cactus lovers. You will find, that the members of this forum are generally friendly and always helpful. I am sorry to hear about your plant's demise. Looks like the poor thing was watered too much and developed a rot. When I heard about this dilemma, even before the images were posted, I thought that it was probably the end of that specific plant. The digital images and the additional description confirmed my fears. Don't feel too bad though. Most of us have probably lost a plant or two.
Harald
Tony

Post by Tony »

hegar wrote: Most of us have probably lost a plant or two.
Harald
or 3 or 4 or...... :lol:
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Welcome Manda!

I am sorry to hear of your loss, but it brought you here and if you get started collecting cacti, then it wasn't a complete loss! :wink:

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
perrycornish

Post by perrycornish »

Hello Manda :) I'm sorry about your cactus loss, I doubt very much if there is a single one of us who hasn't lost one or more at some time or other!
Go on be rash start collecting, it is not in the least addictive! Much!
Welcome to our forum for cactoholics :wink:
Perry

'No-one can make me feel inferior without my consent'

Eleanor Roosevelt
Franj

Post by Franj »

I'll echo that! Welcome to the forum Manda :D

Losing plants is like "a part of growing up" with this hobby. I've lost quite a few over the years sometimes unexplained. I had a beautifull little Eriosyce odieri that was looking just fine one day and turned to mush the next. I nearly cried :( I loved my little "Odie".

My only consolation is that I at least got some good pictures before it went. I guess I'll just have to get another one next year.

Franj