I'm a new member

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
nimich

I'm a new member

Post by nimich »

Good afternoon everybody,
I just registered. I live in Sofia, Bulgaria and I'm a Research Associate at Sofia University.
I grow cacti since early 80s, and at the the beginning of 90s I used to have quite a decent collection of cacti, mainly growth from Haage seeds on my terrace.
Then, after the democratic changes in Bulgaria, I was traveling a lot, and my cacti were poor attended for prolonged periods of time. There is now some 50 plants survived from that collection, hosted in a greenhouse of a friend of mine. A few months ago, I get back to the hobby and initiated a new collection of young plants. Anybody who may wish to learn more about my and my Bulgarian friend collections is welcome to see my facebook pages, with sub-page of Bulgarian Cacti And Succulent Society - https://www.facebook.com/nikolay.michailov.12
I have been following the posts in this forum for some time, but now I decided to join you.
BobbyZ

Re: I'm a new member

Post by BobbyZ »

Welcome new Bulgarian Friend: I have only subscribed for a few days and enjoy swapping pictures and ideas with friends all over the world who share a similar love for cacti and succulents. What are yos studying at the University. I am a retired soil microbiologist who researched many areas of agriculture, and now my research career is over I dedicate my time to studying cacti and assiting colleagues completing manuscripts. All the best Bobby Z
majcka

Post by majcka »

Welcome Nikolay. I like your cacti. That big white/black one too. :lol:

I bet you will enjoy this forum.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

nimich

Post by nimich »

Thank you BobbyZ and Majcka for you warm welcome. My young collection is rapidly expanding and I will share pictures of the newcomers. Regarding Bobby's question, I'm almost 60-years old, and I do not study, but I teach and mainly do research in the field of Laser Physics and Technologies. Until recently I was leading a quiet life, devoted to my daughters and my cacti (the cat too), I was writing for Wikipedia and was thinking of keeping like that until retirement. But some changes in my life forced me start working for my living and I went back to the University.
Regards..
hendryterok

Post by hendryterok »

Welcome to the forum \:D/

Hendry
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
sundanz

Post by sundanz »

Welcome to the forum, Nicolay!
Karin
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
nimich

Post by nimich »

Thank you all...