Help IDing my Cacti please?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
SnowFella

Re: Help IDing my Cacti please?

Post by SnowFella »

They do bloom, seen both the yellow and orange "forms" in bloom here downunder.
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

If the leaf is turning brown at the end that you can see hun, just grab hold of the sides of it half way down and push it sideways.

You want the who leaf to come off. if you pull it , it likely to snap and leave a small portion of the leaf behind. This could rot or go mouldy

Just in case you know. .
bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

Eutow_Intermedium wrote:If the leaf is turning brown at the end that you can see hun, just grab hold of the sides of it half way down and push it sideways.

You want the who leaf to come off. if you pull it , it likely to snap and leave a small portion of the leaf behind. This could rot or go mouldy

Just in case you know. .
Thankyou! I was worried about rotting, hence why I didn't just pull it off in the first place. Don't know how to go about problems, my others have never had any, and I don't want to lose this baby! :')

A little pink chipped off today, turns out he fades out to a darker on the tips! :D x
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

The old leaves eventually shrivel up and die. You could remove it now or let it finish drying up, makes little difference - won't hurt the plant either way.
Spence :mrgreen:
bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

greenknight wrote:The old leaves eventually shrivel up and die. You could remove it now or let it finish drying up, makes little difference - won't hurt the plant either way.
I've took it off. I also noticed a split in another leaf that is about 2cm long and 0.5cm wide. I think the leaf may have been bent, but I'm worried I'm overwatering now... ](*,) x
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

If you have it in a round plastic tray or saucer. Water it from underneath

They normaly can take a good amount of water , but yes you dont want to over water it.

If you do water it from underneath , that illiminates the chance of leaves under the plant rotting as it will be drier up top.

Like I said if you have a few extra big leaves around the bottom , you can remove say four with that sideways action. You can thenleave them to callous and grow little roots and plantlets , if you should ever want more.