Feedback on cactus-hobby.eu

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
esp_imaging

Re: Feedback on cactus-hobby.eu

Post by esp_imaging »

I ordered from Hradec Kralove (kaktusyhk.cz) last year. I sent the order in by their first deadline date (think it was order by mid November for seeds to be dispatched by Christmas) and they processed the order and sent the seeds as per their timetable. So no complaints from me.

Germination was generally good, with the exception of poor results from JN collection numbers below 1000 - presumably these are original habitat seed which is a few years old by now?
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
Bosenoge

Post by Bosenoge »

Again, in my experience only Kaktusy Nechvil are expedient in their orders. My seeds, ordered from him 6 days ago, are scheduled to be delivered today! He has become a little pricey, and his list is not so big as other Chech sellers, but he is my go-to seller for the winter part of the sowing., along with other non-Chech sellers which deliver promptly(Piltz, Succseed, Mesa Garden, Koehres). I save the Chechs for the Spring, along with the ADBPLS, which also publish their seedlist later in the year.
WNYgardner1

Post by WNYgardner1 »

Bosenoge wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 am
Hi Armen,
I had similar experience with their Fall 2017 and 2018 list. Had to cancel the order. I just wondered if you ever received the seeds and and if they turned out ok.
[/quote]

This is my 4th year ordering with Brno. I never emailed them about the ETA, they are slow, sometimes a month or so passes between them even acknowledging the order, but I always get the seed which are of excellent quality, usually in February or March if I order in a first couple of days of releasing the seedlist. Small inconvineience is that the seeds arrive in all sorts of different packages(probably from various collectors), but I got used to it.
This years experience: - ordered 2. November
got my order number(nr.30) - 6. november
Im expecting the seeds in February 2020., not sooner, based on the previous years
[/quote]
Hi, I don't seem to be able to find their new list (Fall 2019). I am assuming it is still up. Would you put the link here, if you get a chance? Thanks.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

They don't have the list on the website, for some reason. Just mail them to get the list.
supergodzilla

Post by supergodzilla »

I have emailed them for the list and had no response so far. Quite disappointing as a past customer — I’m sure that the most interesting things will no longer be available if it is ever sent.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

ADBLPS will be updated soon too, so there is another chance for you. An equal interesting list, if not more equal, and hardly more expensive. Definately a faster response.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

Aiko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:33 pm ADBLPS will be updated soon too, so there is another chance for you. An equal interesting list, if not more equal, and hardly more expensive. Definately a faster response.
Their website states that seeds are processed in the order that payment is received and take approximately 1-4 weeks for shipping. Do you know if that includes handling? I'd really like to try ADBLPS, but I don't want to wait for months for processing orders.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Pereskiopsisdotcom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 pm
Aiko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:33 pm ADBLPS will be updated soon too, so there is another chance for you. An equal interesting list, if not more equal, and hardly more expensive. Definately a faster response.
Their website states that seeds are processed in the order that payment is received and take approximately 1-4 weeks for shipping. Do you know if that includes handling? I'd really like to try ADBLPS, but I don't want to wait for months for processing orders.
Whenever I order, usually within a day after publication I usually get the seeds before christmas, I think.
WNYgardner1

ADBLPS/Feedback on cactus-hobby.eu

Post by WNYgardner1 »

I have ordered four or five times from ADBLPS. It is a different class of vendor. The response time is reasonable, the information is accurate, and the germination rate has been acceptable. I have generally ordered within a day or two of the appearance of the new list, but received my seeds late January to mid-March, which I don't mind.

I just wanted to try these folks in Brno because of extensive list and having items that complement ADBLPS and Mesa Garden. My experience with them has been limited to contacts and based on that I can say they are just NOT a normal vendor.
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

I have ordered twice from ADBLPS and was happy with delivery time. First time I think I received order after 1 week. But I live in Europe so don't know about delivery to the rest of the world.
Also I was surprised with quick delivery from Mesa although they are based in US.
But ordering from kaktusy.cz/eshop turned out to be nightmare.
Last edited by DodoBrooke on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

DodoBrooke wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:21 pm I have ordered twice from ADBLPS and were happy with delivery time. First time I think I received order after 1 week. But I live in Europe so don't know about delivery to the rest of the world.
Also I was surprised with quick delivery from Mesa although they are based in US.
But ordering from kaktusy.cz/eshop turned out to be nightmare.
kaktusy.cz/ is the other Czech seller I had trouble with. I found the ordering to be much easier and straight forward than cactus-hobby.eu but again, no confirmation email that the order was complete, no response to queries, and months later an invoice for half the seeds I requested. That email said they were beginning to prepare my order.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
WNYgardner1

Phytosanitary = Cites certification/ US sales

Post by WNYgardner1 »

Hello, Does anyone know if a "Phytosanitary = Cites certification" is needed for seed orders going from Czech Republic to the US?