Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
tingyisu

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by tingyisu »

Has anyone ordered from Succseed and had the seeds shipped to Canada?
I'd like to order from them and was wondering if there're any import requirements for the seeds to make it through Canadian customs.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

LateBloomer wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:55 pm https://adblps-graines-cactus.com/

was updated last week...
Ugh...I was too late to get anything I really wanted. Really bummed.
MrXeric

Post by MrXeric »

Minime8484 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:42 pm

was updated last week...
Yeah, Aymeric de Barmon sells out of the popular stuff within hours. I got lucky this year and got most of my order, even though I submitted my order about 8 hours after he posted the new list. Last year I submitted my order within two hours of him posting the list and half my order was already sold out! :lol: I missed out on Mammillaria luethyi and Pelecyphora aselliformis yet again, but got lucky with Aztekium hintonii, Pterocactus araucanus, and Bulbine torta!
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

MrXeric wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:42 am

was updated last week...
Yeah, Aymeric de Barmon sells out of the popular stuff within hours. I got lucky this year and got most of my order, even though I submitted my order about 8 hours after he posted the new list. Last year I submitted my order within two hours of him posting the list and half my order was already sold out! :lol: I missed out on Mammillaria luethyi and Pelecyphora aselliformis yet again, but got lucky with Aztekium hintonii, Pterocactus araucanus, and Bulbine torta!
I was hoping most wouldn't notice Matucana fruticosa before I got there, but alas! Also missed out on 5 Mamms (humboltii, luethyi, saboe, theresae, & pectinifera), 2 Melos (laui & calvescens), Pelecyphora aselliformis as well, plus Pterocactus skottsbergii.
](*,)
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Minime8484 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:47 am I was hoping most wouldn't notice Matucana fruticosa before I got there, but alas! Also missed out on 5 Mamms (humboltii, luethyi, saboe, theresae, & pectinifera), 2 Melos (laui & calvescens), Pelecyphora aselliformis as well, plus Pterocactus skottsbergii.
](*,)
You still have Succseed as a new chance, assuming most of these will be on the 1 December list.

But have you tried the Czech seed sellers. These species are on the Czech seed lists too. And usually in much larger quantities, so a higher chance of getting them. But most have already been published. Still you have a good chance, so if you really want to try these I would suggest placing an order with one of the many Czech seed sellers. Cactus Hobby Brno is the most interesting one.
LateBloomer

Post by LateBloomer »

hmm your wish list is pretty close to what I want as well..

Last year adbpls had luethyi, saboe, theresae all year round. was gonna buy some but didnt have funds
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Aiko wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:32 am You still have Succseed as a new chance, assuming most of these will be on the 1 December list.

But have you tried the Czech seed sellers. These species are on the Czech seed lists too. And usually in much larger quantities, so a higher chance of getting them. But most have already been published. Still you have a good chance, so if you really want to try these I would suggest placing an order with one of the many Czech seed sellers. Cactus Hobby Brno is the most interesting one.
I've tried a couple of them to no avail. ADBLPS is the only one I've ever seen to offer Matucana fruticosa, and that was my Most Wanted.
Looking forward to Mat's list next week!
tingyisu

Post by tingyisu »

MrXeric wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:42 am

was updated last week...
I submitted my order about 6 hours after he posted the list, and was able to get 5 seeds of Pelecyphora aselliformis but Mammillaria luethyi was sold out already (must have sold out shortly after he posted the list). It's crazy how fast the seeds sell out! It also doesn't help that France is 6 hrs ahead of my timezone, so I need to stay up till the wee hours of the night to get the popular species :lol:
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Succseed from Sweden has been updated: www.succseed.com/en/
LateBloomer

Post by LateBloomer »

kakteen-piltz shop is closed permanently apparently. Only used twice but were not bad and had reasonable germination
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Ralf Hillmann has updated his seed list.
The list mainly consists of cacti and quite some 'other' succulents from the American continent.

The list has been sent around via email. If you haven't received it and want it, you could request to receive the list. You can find his contact details at: www.kaktussnake.de/linktipps/kaktus-shopping/
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Als Jan Novak has updated his seedlist a while back: https://kaktusy.webzdarma.cz/nabidkaobjednavka/
The current list shows things out of stock. I don't know how updated it is for the current date, but on this list it looks like most is still available (but for some oddities).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

It took a bit longer this year for the Dutch society of Succulenta to publish its seed list, but you can now find it at www.succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/.

The excel file to order will follow shortly. But at least you can already have a look.

There are many interesting things on it. Such as Muiria and Phyllobolus, two genera not available at most other places (but maybe the MSG). And many species of Discocactus.
Members get a 30% discount.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:13 pm It took a bit longer this year for the Dutch society of Succulenta to publish its seed list, but you can now find it at www.succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/.

The excel file to order will follow shortly. But at least you can already have a look.
The excel file is there by now. So you can start ordering, if you want!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Bert Zaalberg from the Netherlands has updated his seed list.
See: https://massonia.com/contact for the most recent list. He offers mostly bulbs of species growing all over the world.