cactus prices

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
keith

Re: cactus prices

Post by keith »

When I sell on e-bay it totals out to 15% between e-bay and paypal"

Over 600 total sales be ready to receive a 1099k, USA only I guess . I cut way back on selling don't want another 1099 of any kind until I retire.

My costs were closer to 20%
Andrzej1972

Post by Andrzej1972 »

Andrzej1972.. 40% ???? Kiedy sprzedaję na e-bayu, suma wynosi 15% między e-bay a paypal. Dlaczego tak wysoko w Wielkiej Brytanii?
Mike M
Yes, without an example my 40% looks pointless.
I checked the sales history and here is an example.
I sold the plant for £13.70, ebay took £2.05, postage £3.50. So sale 13.70, costs 5.55. That's about 40%. Of course, I sell inexpensive plants. With higher amounts, profitability increases.
mikethecactusguy

Post by mikethecactusguy »

So you don't charge for postage? No free postage with me.
Mike The Cactus Guy
Enjoying the Spines
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

The only thing that consistently goes down over the years is the value of money. If this declines sufficiently they have to bring in new coinage to replace the old which is worth many times the previous designations. New Pounds or new Dollars worth many times the old one. If you go abroad on holiday you will often be used to currency notes with many noughts which are only the worth the same as yours are with no or only a few noughts following the figure.

Therefore its a case of are the cost of plants actually rising or is the value of your coinage going down? Everything was based on gold in the past so look up what your countries old gold coins are now worth for their weight of gold compared with your modern coins of the supposedly same face value. Both America and the UK went off the gold standard years ago, but coins then were literally worth their weight in gold, therefore the value of currency was far more stable.

In the link below a $1 gold coin of 1889 is now worth $495. That would buy a few plants!

https://www.govmint.com/us-coins/vintage-gold
keith

Post by keith »

"Gresham's law is a monetary principle stating that "bad money drives out good." It is primarily used for consideration and application in currency markets. Gresham's law was originally based on the composition of minted coins and the value of the precious metals used in them."

Dave's observation is "spot on" So much more to say but this is the wrong site for it .
jerrytheplater

Post by jerrytheplater »

1964 was the last year for silver quarters and half dollars in the US. I remember rolling up all silver rolls as I collected money from my newspaper route. Didn't save them, just did it for kicks. They'd be worth more today just by bullion alone.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.